Thursday, June 02, 2005

Uniqlo

OK, one more post today. Has anybody heard of Uniqlo? No idea how you pronounce it. I guess it's supposed to be "uniq" + "lo"? But what is "lo"? I've been pronouncing the q like a pharyngeal stop (like in Arabic), but I doubt that is right. Anyways, Uniqlo is a clothing chain from Japan. They opened up across the street from us (in the Hong Kong New World Tower). Gina & I go there regularly because they're a)cheap; b)decent quality; and c)simple (the kind of clothes I like). A couple weeks ago I bought a light blue and a yellow t-shirt. Today, Isao & Fumi got back from their day of sightseeing & shopping, and guess what...

IMG_0650

On the topic of Japanese clothes stores, check out Foxy Nail, a shop I encountered in Nara a couple years ago:

Foxy Nail (Nara, May 2003)

Actually, I can't figure out if the name of the store is "Foxy Nail" or "Be Soul" or something else. Personally, I like "Foxy Nail" the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home