Sunday, July 03, 2005

Happy birthday to me!

Today is my 30th birthday. As of midnight last night, I am officially old.

Last night, we went to Judy Too, and it was there that I became old. Gina was able to capture the very moment on film (to use an antiquated expression). The metamorphosis from young Nick to old Nick was very rapid, so the picture is slightly blurry:

metamorphosis

For comparison, here are pictures of young Nick and old Nick taken at only a few minutes apart. I think the change is very obvious.

young Nick Old Nick

Young Nick appears young and robust. Old Nick's head isn't on straight.

Judy Too is my favorite bar in Shanghai (I haven't been to that many, though). Usually there is a scantily clad female who dances on top of the bar, but today she was serving drinks fully dressed. I asked her why and she said the police wouldn't let her dance anymore. Gina and I were very disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home