Friday, July 15, 2005

Suzhou

July 10 (Sunday) [several photos courtesy of Andres & Paulina]

Last Sunday, on Andres & Paulina's second day in Shanghai, we took the train to Suzhou. The fastest express train takes 40 minutes. I had been to Suzhou in April, and preferred seeing gardens I had not seen just three months ago. But I did take everybody (A&P + Gina and Little Sister) to see the Master of the Nets (my favorite):

Master of the Nets

Master of the Nets

Master of the Nets

After lunch, we headed out to the west side of town to see the Lingering Garden (one that I had seen with my mother a few years ago but that I had not seen in March).

Lingering Garden

Lingering Garden

Lingering Garden

Lingering Garden

Lingering Garden

Lingering Garden

It was very hot that day (that's probably why Andres looks so unhappy in the last picture), so we did not squeeze in a third garden before returning to Shanghai. While A&P and Little Sister went shopping, Gina took me to a promising bookstore that she had noticed during one of the cab rides. I bought volume 13 of Zhongguo shufa quanji (Complete Chinese Calligraphy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home