Sunday, June 25, 2006

Trip to NY

June 17 we went to NY for me to defend my dissertation. For the first few days, I was largely occupied preparing, though I did take a little bit of time off to accompany Gina. Here we are atop the Belvedere Castle:

View from Belvedere Castle

And here I am smelling flowers by Shakespeare's Garden:

Smelling flowers near Shakespeare's Garden

I spent that day at the Columbia library, but came back in time to meet Gina at the Natural History museum. Here's Gina with a couple of dinosaurs:

Dinosaurs

The day after I (successfully) defended, we went back to the Columbia area to see classmates (Alex and Karl). Gina wanted to do something touristy, so we tried to go up the Riverside Church tower. But it was closed. We hung out for an hour or so at Max's Cafe instead:

Max's Cafe (122nd and Amsterdam)

Tiffany had very kindly invited us to a dinner party for the evening. Excellent food. Here is the menu:

shrimp with fresh peas salad
herb gnocchi with summer vegies

...and a photo of Tiffany photographing me:

After dinner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home