Monday, July 03, 2006

This weekend

Saturday morning, Gina (who will be taking her behind-the-wheel driving test next Tuesday) drove me and Katya (Gina's ESL classmate) to Crystal Cove State Beach. There is a conveniently placed Starbucks at a strip mall across the street where I set myself up with my computer to work while they had fun at the beach. I nearly starved to death waiting for them, but they arrived just in time. We bought salads at Trader Joe's and ate at a table outside. Although it was hot outside, there was a cool breeze.

In the evening, Gina made excellent spaghetti with meatballs (with basil from our basil plant):

About to eat

Sunday morning, while I went for a run, Gina went swimming. Then, I went to pick her up on the scooter. See how happy she is when in a pool:

Gina in the pool

At lunch we went to the tea place with my mom (Gina had three coupons for free meals)...

Cha for tea

...and after lunch we met Sorin at the Steelhead. We had seen him at his wedding in January, but I hadn't really had a chance to talk to him in probably two years.

Today (Monday) is my birthday. For lunch (while Gina was hard at work at the tea place), I met Sean, whom I also hadn't talked to in a very long time. He provided me with a lengthy Marxist interpretation of the Bush regime. No plans yet for the rest of the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home